Monday, December 13, 2010

Sleuth for Truth

There is a question that always baffles me.
It's my indecision,
of whether it is better to be mediocre at all things
or marvelous at one thing.

Whether it is better to skim along middle ground
or take a risk, dive deep and perhaps discover valuable rewards - or possibly never come back up again.
Some risks are worth taking - the ones that end up reaping rewards,
others are not.

One way or another,
it seems I will either be a little unprepared for a specific task
or extremely unprepared for many tasks, yet fully ready for that single one.
Unable to escape unpreparedness.
Unable to choose the better future.

Because, the truth is
I don't have all the time in the world to find out which path to take
and
I'm just
not
good
enough.

2 comments:

  1. I like it :) One thing that could make it even more amazing, however, could be kind of fixing the rhythm in places? Otherwise, amazing job <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'aww, thanks girl. :)
    Yeah. This was another one of those poems that I just cranked out super fast. There are definitely things I could improve on, looking back.
    Haha, it's just a simple poem that relates to my life, I guess. I think I'll go back and tweak some things. :]
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete